For the first time, BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS’ iconic 1984 album, LEGEND, is re-imagined for LEGEND REMIXED, an inspired new spin on the reggae classic to be released June 25, 2013 to celebrate the summer in North America on CD, LP and digitally by Island/Tuff Gong/UME. LEGEND’s 16 tracks have been remixed by top DJs/producers. Included in this cohesive new set are tracks by ten time Grammy winner Stephen Marley, Pretty Lights, Thievery Corporation, Jason Bentley, Z-Trip with Lee “Scratch” Perry, Photek, My Morning Jacket’s Jim James, Roni Size, RAC, Beats Antique, Nickodemus & Zeb, as well as a new rendition remix of “Redemption Song” by five-time Grammy Award winning reggae artist, Ziggy Marley.
“The Marley name and music are precious to us,” commented UMe President/CEO Bruce Resnikoff about the Remixed project. “We are truly honored to continue Bob’s legacy with the support and participation of his family and the Tuff Gong organization. We feel the release of this album will offer key opportunities to the Marley family to expand their brand, and its message, outside of traditional music venues.”
The fourth track on the album, “Three Little Birds,” was remixed by Stephen Marley and DJ/producer Jason Bentley. This iconic Marley track will serve as the worry-free anthem for Hyundai’s new Assurance Connected Care program, a new suite of features that allows drivers to feel safe and secure and enjoy a stress-free ownership experience. Prior to its television debut, “Three Little Birds” will be available starting May 14 for free download to the first 15,000 fans through Hyundai’s Facebook and YouTube channels and also available for sale through all digital retailers.
Hyundai also supported the creation of the “Making of Legend: Remixed” documentary, a short film about the creation of the new album including interviews with the Marley family and the musicians and remixers involved. A brief behind the scenes for “Three Little Birds” will be available on May 14 on bobmarley.com.
Bob Marley and The Wailers’ LEGEND is the world’s best-selling reggae album with global sales exceeding 40 million copies, including more than 14 million in the U.S. alone. The RIAA Diamond®-certified album holds the distinction of being the second longest-charting album in the history of Billboard magazine, second only to Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side Of The Moon. In 2003, Rolling Stone ranked LEGEND at No. 46 on its “500 Greatest Albums of All Time” list.
1. Waiting In Vain (Jim James Remix)
2. Stir It Up (Ziggy Marley Remix)
3. Three Little Birds (Stephen Marley and Jason Bentley Remix)
4. Could You Be Loved (RAC Remix)
5. No Woman No Cry (Stephen Marley Remix)
6. Get Up Stand Up (Thievery Corporation Remix)
7. Satisfy My Soul (Beats Antique Remix)
8. I Shot The Sheriff (Roni Size Remix)
9. Exodus (Pretty Lights Remix)
10. Easy Skanking (Stephen Marley Remix)
11. One Love/People Get Ready (Photek Remix)
12. Redemption Song (Ziggy Marley Remix)
13. Is This Love (Jason Bentley Remix)
14. Jamming (Nickodemus and Zeb Remix)
15. Punky Reggae Party (Z-Trip featuring Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry Remix)
16. Buffalo Soldier (Stephen Marley Remix)